Kids Learn to Swim Skill #4 – Airplane Float with Flutter Kick
by Corina Oaches
This week, we will be showing you the progression steps for the Airplane Float with Flutter Kick.
First, your child will need to get the earlier steps down. If you have not seen our videos for Flutter Kick with Barbell and Airplane Float, have a look!
There are two versions of the airplane float with flutter kick: assisted and unassisted.
- Get your child into a horizontal body position with their arms in airplane position and have them start to kick.
- Next, have them take a breath, hold and then put their face in the water.
- Cue your child to kick as you move forward with them, holding under their armpits for a count of three or six seconds.
- Repeat steps one and two above.
- Once their face is in the water and they are kicking, you can let go of their armpits for a count of three or six seconds.
- When they are ready for a breath, support them under the armpits again, cue them to take a new breath and return their face to the water and repeat the steps!
There you have it! Three easy steps for assisted and unassisted Airplane Float with Flutter Kick.
Check out the video below to see it all in action!
Did you find this video helpful? If so, you can subscribe to see a ton of videos to help your child.
And, if you are ready to take the plunge, join us for lessons at The Aqua Life Swim Academy at one of our fantastic Ottawa locations!
If you have any questions, suggestions, or are trying to find the way to taking your first dip into the wide world of water, then reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org,and jump in with us at The Aqua Life Swim Academy!