A minimum outdoor temperature of 18℃ is required to conduct aquatic instruction comfortably, in a heated pool.
Instruction will not be delivered if:
- Environment Canada issues a special weather statement for the region
- Active, threatening thunderstorm weather pattern is approaching the region. The Aqua Life instructor on location will make the decision to cancel service due to inclement weather solely based on the safety of all parties. Classes may continue in the rain if there is no thunder and/or lightning
- If a client needs to cancel a booked at home swim class for any reason, they must do so at least 6 hours in advance. In this case, a credit will be processed for that class, or depending on availability the class can be rescheduled for a later date;
- A class can be canceled due to inclement weather, up to 6 hours prior to the class scheduled time without loss of class. A make-up or credit will be offered to replace the missed class based on availability;
- If a booked service is cancelled less than 6 hours’ notice, there will be a $29 + HST per hour late-rescheduling fee applied or the service will be forfeited.
Payment is required at the time of booking. A refund is issued only if the instructor was unable to attend a booked class, and NO replacement instructor was found to conduct the class, AND if the class couldn’t be rescheduled to a later date.
If the service is disrupted by inclement weather (thunder and/or lightning) at any point after our instructor/lifeguard arrives to the location (if outdoors), the service will be canceled and no refund will be issued;
If a booked service is cancelled less than 6 hours’ notice, there will be a $29 + HST per hour late-rescheduling fee applied or the lifeguard service will be forfeited.
In alignment with pool safety protocols, our lifeguards will prohibit running on the pool deck, pushing, and similar behaviours. Also, please be aware that our lifeguards will have sole discretion to decide which entries are permissible based on your pool’s size and depth. Absolutely no flipping into the pool will be allowed. The permission for diving or performing other types of jumps into the deeper area of the pool lies with the discretion of the lifeguards. Upon their arrival at the location, the lifeguards will discuss with you any other potential safety measures that might need to be implemented.